These aren’t hard and fast rules, there are always exceptions, caveats, and nuances to lists like these, but here are a few things:
- Don’t take advice from people who do not have the results you are looking for (e.g. Asking Michael Jordan for tennis advice or getting financial advice from your broke friend). Study those who have the results you are looking for.
- Don’t instantly believe everything you hear. Trust but validate.
- Don’t feel like you need do everything by yourself; you don’t have to be the best or the smartest. It’s far better to have the support of a team, mentors, and friends who will watch your back.
- Don’t underestimate the power of rest, play, and fun in the midst of all the hours you spend working — there is a place for both.
- Don’t neglect your physical, emotional, and spiritual health…
View original post 187 more words