Apart from the obvious health benefits of consuming brown rice the whole grain is much more delicious than the refined counterpart, white rice. Yes it might take longer to cook it, because you are cooking more nutrients, small price to pay.
I designed this recipe to suit my clients’ needs, most who are young ladies and gents who are working or running businesses hence have very little time to cook but still want to eat right.
- 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup lentils/ndengu kamande
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 teaspoon sea salt or Natural Himayalan salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, about 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic
- 1 teaspooon of crushed ginger
- 1 chopped cherry tomato
- Finely diced red onion, 1 teaspoon
- 1 chopped stalk of celery
- chopped dania stalks about a teaspoon
View original post 195 more words